What Is It?
Ecological restoration planning, monitoring and evaluation services may be required for a number of purposes, including:
- Offset establishment, where restoration of regrowth or natural habitat for the offset matter is the priority.
- Development approval, due to degraded ecosystems being retained within conserved habitat.
- Progressive and mine closure rehabilitation, to ensure completion criteria is achieved for the agreed rehabilitation objective and sustainable end-use.
- Compliance restoration, where unapproved clearing has occurred and there is an order in place for ecological restoration made by regulators.
- Habitat restoration for koala and other wildlife conservation reserves.
What We Do
BAAM can provide the plans for ecological restoration and rehabilitation projects using a variety of approaches that range from utilising existing natural regeneration to complete habitat re-establishment.
We can advise our clients of the most suitable method based on the level of biotic and abiotic degradation at a site and the desired or priority landscape objectives.
We use current best-practice guidelines and scientific research to ensure BAAM’s restoration plans, methodology and recommendations are practical and successful.
Ecological restoration and rehabilitation services include:
- Individual site and project needs analysis and planning, including Habitat Rehabilitation Management Plans, Offset Management Plans, Koala/Fauna Management Plans and Special Area Plans.
- Advice for various types of planting methods depending on the landscape objective, with consideration for erosion control.
- Strategic pest, weed and biosecurity management and planning.
- Restoration advice on phytocapping design, implementation and management.
- Forest resource inventories, growth rate analysis for rehabilitation and productive forestry purposes.
- Recommendations for fire management practices including site assessments, burn preparation and fuel reduction management.