In delivering over 600 individual service contracts for resource projects in the past 20 years BAAM has contributed ecological information to a broad range of resource planning and development projects including:
- Ecological surveys, technical report preparation, impact assessment, management plans and offset assessments meeting State and Commonwealth government approvals process requirements for:
- Greenfield sites
- Mine and quarry extensions
- Wind and solar energy development projects
- Internal and external infrastructure (rail, roads, pipelines, dragline move routes and electricity transmission)
- Impact monitoring (ecosystems and/or species-specific) in response to approval condition requirements
- Rehabilitation and offset area monitoring in response to approval condition requirements
- Ecological values inventory for future planning purposes
- Habitat modelling for EPBC Act and NC Act listed species to inform offset requirements and ensure compliance with approvals.
These services have been provided either directly to resource companies (including BHP, BMA, Origin Energy, Santos, Sibelco, Arrow Energy, New Hope Group, QGC, GEC, Holcim, Hanson Construction Materials and Rio Tinto) or by providing the terrestrial ecology components of multidisciplinary studies coordinated by larger consultancies (including Advisian, Cardno, Ardent Group, Groundwork Plus, RLMS, ERM and Palaris).
Focusing on combining the provision of affordable, well-targeted and reliable ecological services with outstanding customer service has ensured the sustained relevance of our business in a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
Please follow the links below to find out more about the ecological services you may require and how BAAM can provide sound and trusted ecological services to your project: